SKYLIGHTER 4 is a new generation of harness for long cross-country flights, hike-and-fly and travelling. We have updated our lightweight cross-country pod harness to make pilots enjoy flying over the landscape even more and longer. We listened carefully to their needs and feedback and designed SKYLIGHTER 4.
SKYLIGHTER 4 is an evolution of the SKYLIGHTER serie with several changes: the new strap system uses 12mm ultralight webbing and the geometry has been changed to give the harness more stability.
SKYLIGHTER 4 is designed as a hammock harness with foam back protection, and extra storage space in response to pilots’ demands for it.
SKYLIGHTER 4 is delivered in M, L and XL sizes.
The main distinctive features are:
- new strap system with 12mm ultralight webbing ensures safety and comfort
- modified geometry provides more stability
- small storage area under the pilot's legs, large rear storage area with separate pockets, two side pockets and additional space for small items in the integrated cockpit
- foam back protection
- detachable speedbag (possibility to combine harness with three lengths of the speedbag)
- the container for the reserve is placed under the pilot's thighs - at the bottom of the harness in the center of gravity
- easy adjustable in flight
- easy release of the reserve handle
- new inflatable rear fairing
- integrated cockpit with the detachable instrument panel and the sun visor
- speedbag board made out of carbon fibers
- Edelrid Foras carbiners as a standard
- Ronstan ball bearing pulleys
- low weight (only 3.2 kg in size L - complete harness ready to flight)
- harness is fully EN/LTF certified - the first harness certified according to the new revised standard EN 1651:2018
Harnesses are delivered with:
- instrument deck (Cockpit)
- ultra light ladder speed system
- main carabiners
- integrated Dyneema strap reserve risers
- Sky USB flash drive manual
SKYLIGHTER 4 M L XL Pilot´s height (cm) 160-180 175-195 190-210 Chest strap range (cm) 40-46 43-49 46-52 Harness weight* (kg) 3.0 3.2 3.4 Certification EN / LTF EN / LTF EN / LTF
* Weight including back protector, speed system, main carabines and instrument holder.
It's highly recommended to try the harness on before you buy it.
R&D comments More safety, comfort and stability
That was our goal when designing SKYLIGHTER 4. How did we achieve this?
Before we launch a new model of harness, we spent hours and hours developing it. The lightweight harness is based on popular SKYLIGHTER serie and features many innovations. Improved strap system with ultralight webbing and new geometry makes this harness updated to the pilots’ latest requirements.