CRUX is an alpinist’s paragliding harness designed to deliver ultimate functionality on the mountain. No unpacking, reversing and repacking on steep or slippery launch areas. An EN certified concept which is integrated into an authentic lightweight mountain backpack solution for the alpinist who loves to climb/hike & fly; this was the core essence of our design goal.
Product description Thinking differently, using specialist lightweight materials and making extensive testing and development in the Tatra Mountains of Slovakia, has made this unique concept of CRUX a reality.
Crucially, CRUX enables simple, direct access & deployment of the harness from the lower section of the backpack whilst keeping all the other gear in place, compartmentalized within the backpack.
Despite being lightweight and of minimalist design, CRUX offers good levels of in-flight comfort utilizing the shoulder and waist straps of the backpack for added comfort. The harness can also be worn whilst climbing & roping up.
The backpack itself is designed to be the authentic climbing partner. Light weight, anatomically shaped, stable and compressible from both top and sides. The 56 litres of volume ensures ample space for all your gear and wing. Included are many specialist features which you would only expect from a top level climbing backpack.
The combined weight of the harness and backpack is only 1250g*.
It is possible to use the harness & backpack independently of each other if desired.
Harness only weight; 360g*.
*Weight of M size without carabiners
- independent access to harness and gear
- continuous Dyneema webbing construction
- good in-flight comfort level
- colour coded fixation points
- 56 litre volume
- lightweight, durable & low profile
- elastic mesh side pockets
- various utility pockets
- roller closing system allowing for volume regulation
- compression straps
- removable hip belt
- internal load fixation
- external accessory loops
CRUX is available in 3 sizes.
M, L and XL. Please check the sizing table. Choosing the correct size of the harness is crucial to finding the best comfort, CRUX is not adjustable therefore trying on the harness for size is highly recommended before ordering. Please contact your Sky dealer for full advice.
- Grivel lightweight carabiners
- additional shoulder straps for use of the harness without rucksack
- manual on Sky USB memory stick
CRUX M L XL Pilot´s height (cm) 160-180 175-190 185-200 Suspension Points Height (cm) 45 48 51 Chest Strap Width (cm) 43 45 48 Harness Weight* (kg) 1.25 1.27 1.33 Certification EN / LTF** EN / LTF** EN / LTF*** Total weight of harness and backpack system without carabiners.
- External: Spectra; Dominico, South Korea
- Internal: Nylon 70D; Airwill Ind.,China
- Dyneema 10mm; Mouka, Czech Republic
- Plume Nut 3NK; Grivel, Italy
- Main: Nylon 70D; Navitex, South Korea
Nylon 70D ripstop; Airwill Industrials, China
- Under section: Nylon 210D ripstop; Airwill Industrials, China
- Hypalon; ORCA® PENNEL & FLIPO, Belgium
Zippers & Buckles
- YKK, Japan
- 15 / 20 mm PAD; Mouka, Czech Republic