We at SKY believe that the first flight is the most important moment in the life of a pilot. We all remember the moment we got lifted off the ground for the first time and what an intense and extraordinary sensation it was. So, give it a try and get airborne flying AYA.
Flat aspect ratio
Developed by Sky Paragliders since 2004. Now classic 3D shaping of the leading edge for an aerodynamically cleaner canopy.
Weight of the glider
Reinforced Leading Edge construction bringing precise tension, pressure & structure.
We at SKY believe that the first flight is the most important moment in the life of a pilot. We all remember the moment we got lifted off the ground for the first time and what an intense and extraordinary sensation it was.
We wanted you – our pilots, schools and friends to enjoy these unique moments of initiation in peace and with big smiles on your faces. We designed AYA as a user-friendly wing which will inspire confidence and show you the magic and fun of free flight while being forgiving to heavy-handed handling. These make AYA a perfect choice for novice to weekend xc pilots.
AYA is a Sport Line, mid-end EN/LTF A glider, which also offers usable performance to suit intermediate pilots looking for top passive safety while flying XCs. It has a precise and great fun handling which makes it easy to thermal in both weak and strong thermals. The canopy is stable in pitch and glides really well into headwind allowing for long transitions, too.
Why do pilots like AYA?
- Smart line plan makes sorting out the lines and the pre-flight check a piece of cake.
- AYA is probably the easiest wing to inflate in zero wind conditions – something you will appreciate on a tricky take off when the day and wind are not just perfect.
- After inflating the wing stays above the pilot´s head, so your mind will be free to focus on other essential aspects of taking off.
- AYA has the highest safety rating available, its reactions to front and side collapses are much tamed and its canopy will quickly reopen on its own.
- AYA´s simple, intuitive behaviour gives a post-school pilot peace of mind when they go flying on their own without an instructor. Let the glider be your new instructor.
- AYA´s feel-good factor and fun handling make it a great wing for leisure and low airtime pilots. If you do not have much time to fly, do not quit flying completely, have fun, fly AYA.
- Reinforced Leading Edge - nylon rods in the leading edge keep the cells open at all times resulting in the canopy inflating faster when taking off, or recovering from a collapse.
- 3D shaping of the leading edge. The canopy is clean and smooth which increases the performance by a significant amount.
- Proven three and a half rows and three-risers line concept with split A-risers for easier ears.
- Made of very durable fabric. Top surface - DOKDO 30, bottom - DOKDO 20
- Lightweight - only 4.65 kg for M size.
- Six bright colour combinations for your safety - be well seen in the air and on the ground.
EYRIE L backpack. Well cushioned back, shoulder and waist parts for more comfort. Conveniently placed pockets. Internal retaining strap.
T-shirt SKY TEAM. In Sky a T-shirt gets as much attention as a paraglider. T-shirts are designed, cut, sewn and printed by us, in our manufacturing facility in the Czech Republic. They are made of cotton and bamboo fibres for comfort and durability.
Handy kit - a glider repair kit for quick repairs. It contains a versatile tool and self-adhesive Skytex.
USB flash drive with manuals and a choice of Sky Paragliders photos and videos.
AYA XS S M L XL Flat area (m2) 21.60 23.36 25.27 27.33 29.56 Flat span (m) 10.06 10.46 10.88 11.32 11.77 Flat aspect ratio 4.69 4.69 4.69 4.69 4.69 Projected surface (m2) 19.11 20.68 22.36 24.19 26.16 Projected span (m) 8.34 8.67 9.02 9.38 9.75 Projected aspect ratio 3.64 3.64 3.64 3.64 3.64 Number of cells 37 37 37 37 37 Weight of the glider (kg) 4.15 4.4 4.7 4.95 5.25 Take-off weight (kg) 50-72 60-80 75-95 85-110 100-130 Certification EN/LTF A
Custom Colours Customise the colours of your SKY glider
To design your own glider, use the tool below. When you have decided on your own unique colour scheme COPY the name of glider and colours picked (e.g. AYA: Blue / White / White / Black) into your order. ANY colour combination is available.
Gliders with personalised colours are available only at extra cost. The delivery time depends on the load of the workshop and may vary depending.
Enjoy the look of your unique SKY glider!
- Leading egde: DOKDO-N30 DMF (WR), Dominico, South Korea
- Upper and lower surface: DOKDO-N20 DMF (WR), Dominico, South Korea
- Ribs and diagonals: NCV Skytex 9017 E29A (hard finish 40 g/m2) , Porcher Sport, France
- Upper gallery: PPSL 120 covered LIROS, Germany; 7850-080 covered EDELRID, Germany
- Lower galleries: 7850-100, 7850-160, 785-200 covered, 7850-160 covered EDELRID, Germany
- Brake lines: 7850-240 Dyneema ® covered; EDELRID, Germany